• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

June Cameron
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Nov 2009
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

Our Cruise aboard Brilliance of the Seas was a family affair with my husband and I, my Father and my Sister. My Father 83 and sister 57 were new to cruising, my husband Billy and I have been on 6 previous cruises. My Dear old Dad was awaiting a knee replacement so it was thought this would be the best type of holiday for him as his mobility was reduced. Embarkation was quick and uncomplicated with friendly helpful staff.

My Dad and sister were astounded by the beautiful ship and their cabin steward proudly escorted them into their cabin with a double bed. Once they explained to the cabin steward they were Father and Daughter we all had a good laugh when the steward said " SO Sorry - me no know - I get big saw and cut bed in two" - True to his word an hour later when we returned after exploring some of the ship the cabin was neatly transformed into a twin configuration.

Shore excursions were very informative and were ideal for my disabled Father - it is excellent the way they are graded according to how strenuous they may be.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin M

Great Cabin - quite spacious - ample wardrobe space, very quiet - no noise from engines, anchors etc

Port Reviews

Alexandria

Very clean and neat with lovely gardens

Athens (Piraeus)

Very near city - walkable distance from the pier

Limassol

Bus transport laid on for a small charge to and from port -

Malta (Valletta)

Absolutely amazing harbour - plenty of transport available from port to Valletta town - can be walked but all uphill

Rhodes

Beautiful port within walking distance of the walled city - loved this port

Palermo (Sicily)

Some industrial areas to this port but not to the point where it was unsightly - ferry terminal nearby - easy access to the town

previous reviewnext review