• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Vista Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Only some rules are enforced...

Review for Carnival Vista to the Western Caribbean
CtotheJ
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2022
Cabin:

I'm done with Carnival after this last cruise. We booked a Havana cabana cabin which is supposed to be an exclusive area on the ship where no children under 12 are allowed, yet the first morning I'm awoken by a child screaming her lungs out in the middle of the hallway for her little brother to get out of her room. There were at least 3 children under 12 staying in rooms in just our hallway alone that we saw during the week.

The dress code is no longer enforced anywhere...girls in bikini tops at Captain's tea time, dudes in shorts at the steakhouse.

All of the food was pretty bland as expected. I had high hopes for my Guy's burger but it was a piece of charcoal with some cheese. The only standouts were the 555 Steakhouse (the second time) and Seafood Shack, both of which you have to pay extra for of course. The first time at the steakhouse my steak was about 50% fat and mostly inedible, and when the server came over to ask how things were and I told her she just shrugged and said that it's supposed to have a 30% marbling (chunks of fat surrounding the meat isn't marbling). Then she did nothing else. Didn't even apologize or try to do anything to make my meal enjoyable (which I paid extra for).

It was nice enough inside the cabin. Our sliding glass door didn't shut properly so it made a creaking noise the ENTIRE cruise. I would have to re-close the latch every night to keep the air conditioner running.

3 Helpful Votes