• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:

My wife and I ( late '50s) have cruised a15-20 times over the years, we did Disney Cruises when our kids were younger and most recently HAL and our first higher-end small ship Crystal prior to COVID. After cruising on Crystal we were sold on the higher-end all-inclusive ships. This was our first time with Reagent and since we paid more than we have ever paid the expectation was high. I am an executive in the high-end hospitality business so I tend to be more critical when I pay a premium.

Overall we were very pleased with this cruise, the ship is beautiful and the staff is outstanding. One reviewer mentioned it is hard to find a quiet spot to read or catch some sun which was nice on the HAL pinnacle ships. My only real complaint was the "chair savers" who get up at 5 am every morning and put their stuff on the premium deck loungers. If you are one of these folks shame on you. One day out of 10 would have been nice to have a nice chaise lounger but we did not because the same people took the chairs every day of the cruise, myself and several others complained to the ship GM but nothing was done. I realize this is difficult to deal with however a reminder in the daily newsletter could have given the staff ammunition to enforce it.

The food was excellent, I am blown away by people that complained about the food, considering this is a ship's kitchen the variety and quality are excellent. The weakest food was the lunch and breakfast buffet and main dining room which was on a par with the lower-end ships we have sailed on however the specialty restaurants, and pool grill were excellent.

previous reviewnext review