• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2022
Cabin:

I like small ships and had sailed on Ambience recently with my husband. This time I went as a solo. They put on events for Solos on sea days and had a meeting table in one bar. Lots of events on, although the early dinner sitting of 5.45 meant I had to miss a few, but dinner was not to be rushed as was so delicious and small portions meant I could try 4 of the 5 courses. Theatre entertainment was very good and with modern songs like The Killers and Robbie Williams meant it appealed to all ages. There was also entertainment in the bars. I had an inside cabin on this one and it offered very good value compared to the inside cabin of other cruiselines. I was on a package but alcohol prices were quite reasonable. £3.50 for a glass of house fizz. Spa was enjoyable, although would prefer the gym to be somewhere to get a seaview, but we were lucky enough with weather so I used the walking deck instead. Onland we had many hours ashore and I did hiking excursions which I enjoyed, although prefer walking in the morning. They only had hiking excursions in the afternoon.

Standard cabins were large, comfortable and lots of storage space, although dark wood a bit dated and only one UK socket and one USB so needed my adaptor. Large shower and kept very clean. I had an inside cabin so slept like a log as very dark. I don't watch TV even at home, but think TVs only worked when in port.

2 Helpful Votes