• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2022
Cabin: Suite with French Balcony

We chose the the Taste of Bordeaux trip with AmaWaterways after significant due diligence on numerous websites, including many you tube accounts by Travel Advisors and non-travel advisors. I had originally zeroed in on another company for the same cruise due to their truly "all inclusive" policy, i.e. tips, 24 hour premium drinks, etc. In this particular case, I could not find availability on the dates I wanted. Based on the very positive critiques I found in my due diligence I felt confident in selecting AmaWaterways. And we were not disappointed. While this was our first river cruise experience, we didn't go into it "wide-eyed" and easily pleased...maybe I could have been but my wife was hesitant about the entire trip at the outset, so could be expected to be more critical. As it turned out we both loved the whole experience. AmaWaterways "delivered" on every aspect. Fantastic staff, super Captain, great Cruise Director. The food, wine, and food service from the wait staff to the chef's were super friendly, welcoming and eager to serve. There were many repeat Ama cruisers that we interfaced during the 7 days, and all had very positive comments about the cruise line. Their many repeat trips speak for themselves. In the end, my initial "preference" for the other company's "all inclusive" policy does not weigh as much as I thought it would. Tips on Ama are optional (but were certainly earned and happily given), and the Welcome aboard "beverages", and the "Sip and Sail" happy hour before dinner each night provided for ample opportunity to enjoy a casual drink on no cost followed by wine, or beer, etc during a casual, relaxing dinner of great food ...in taste, presentation and service. Our compliments and thanks to them all !!!!

Response from SocialMediaA, Coordinator, Social Media

Hello! Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback! We’re so happy to hear that you received such excellent service while sailing with us and that everything was to your liking during...

Suite with French Balcony

Loved it...spacious, nicely appointed..not ostentatious. Bathroom was great..spacious shower with unique shower head. Had a bath tub, but was not used, so could be eliminated as far as we were concerned. Plenty of floor to ceiling window space. Was a french balcony, i.e. no outside sitting, but we probably would not have used it. Opening the door/window provided enough outside experience for us, since we were on the go and probably would not have spent that much time "sitting" on a balcony.

2 Helpful Votes