• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2022
Cabin: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

This cruise was originally booked for September 2020 but was rescheduled due to COVID. The cruise had to be rescheduled 4 times. The last time it was rescheduled was because the cruise was dry docked in Italy and I paid an extra plane ticket to fly to Greece in order to make the cruise. Every time I rescheduled there were new fees to be paid that Norwegian would not let me pay with cruise credits (these could only be used on shore excursions or airport transfers purchased before boarding the ship).

Once on board I ran into an issue were a dining package for one of my guests was not properly transferred over (despite being guaranteed by my cruise consultant that it was). The guest services representative was very rude, rolling her eyes at me and telling me I would have to email Norwegian to resolve the issue within 20 days. This obviously did nothing to help me while I am out at sea. I spoke with the manager who eventually said he would wave the fee. That did not happen and it was charged to my credit card on return from the trip (for which Norwegian was still not responded about). When we went to the french restaurant for my mothers birthday we were sat beside the dirty dishes (in an almost empty dining room) and the staff were very rude. They ignored us when we spoke and brought our food in the wrong order. When we mentioned this they accused us of ordering too many appetizers. Once they realized their mistake they brought the right food out but did not apologize for what they had said.

The cruise was a ghost ship with very few activities and most bars closed. I felt sick from every breakfast item I tried from the buffet. I tried ordering breakfast at O'Sheehans but it's just buffet food put on a plate.

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Bed and a pull out couch. Two chairs on the balcony despite it being a three person room.

Port Reviews

Argostoli (Kefalonia)

Melissani Lake is worth seeing

Izmir

Not much to do

Mykonos

DO NOT take the lets take a selfie tour. It's a waste of money.

Rhodes

Easy to see on foot. I give it 2/5 because I was tricked into over paying at a restaurant. Be careful what you order off the menu and make sure to take a picture of the menu (a trick provided by a tour guide as restaurants will often bring you different menus with higher prices if you ask to see the menu again once your bill comes).

Santorini

Beautiful but you have to take a tender in and pay for a lift to go to/from santorini.

Athens (Piraeus)

Athens itself is beautiful but the port is almost an hour away.

7 Helpful Votes