• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Island Princess Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

Ship ok, itinerary fantastic!

Review for Island Princess to Transatlantic
LUv2CrzPrincess
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:

I spent a total of 34 days on this ship. 18 transatlantic to Canada, 3 stops in Iceland, Scotland, and England, then 16 days in Norway. I am an Elite Captain’s Circle Member on Princess with 27 cruises and over 250 days cruising with them. I have sailed on the Island Princess on 3 other occasions.

It is old and many decks had mold or sewage smells. I was in a port side extended balcony on Caribe deck near the forward stairs. Near mid ship on the port side of my deck on Caribe was a strong mold smell. I met other passengers who indicated they had sewage smells near their cabins. I met one couple whose toilet overflowed 3 times during the 34 day cruise.

My refrigerator did not work and when I asked for it to be fixed I was told, “that won’t happen.” I asked what compensation I would receive for the broken frig. I was given a $100 credit on my account, but spent that in tips getting ice several times a day from room service or my cabin steward. That was my choice, but I use the frig and was very disappointed I did not have one. Many other passengers I met had safes that did not work and were offered no compensation.

previous reviewnext review