• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Beyond Review

Editor Rating

Stunning design with great entertainment but that's it.

Review for Celebrity Beyond to the Eastern Mediterranean
Kimberleyin207
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2022
Cabin:

Let me begin with the positives, the ship is gorgeous, the design of the spaces was really well done.

In terms of entertainment, the nightly shows were fantastic and Tim, the cruise director was a lot of fun.

Now for where the ship needs improvement, biggest fail was the food. The food was horrible. I ate in several dining rooms and my favorite food on board was no joke the fresh pineapple and the hard boiled eggs at breakfast. Most of the food was completely tasteless. For this caliber of a ship, I expected the food to at least be edible. No joke this is the first vacation that I have ever lost weight on as the food was that bad. I spoke with other guests daily trying to find something good to eat and everyone I talked to said the same thing, the food is disgusting and/or tasteless. When booking, I was so excited to see an ice cream/gelato shop. That was a major disappointment as here we were in the area of the globe with unbelievable food and the gelato tasted like something you would get at a nursing home. The bread and croissants were not local at all and tasted like something old from the grocery store. I'm not a drinker, but I did upgrade my drink package to the premium no alcohol package, that was a major let down as I dreamed about getting smoothies each morning. First, there are barley any selections for smoothies and second the two I tried were the worst drinks of my entire life, no joke. The drinks were served not even slightly frozen but rather were served warm.

15 Helpful Votes