• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

I really wanted to like RC. I really did. But several things have clinched the fact that I won’t cruise with them again. Firstly, their nickel-and-diming and high prices. ATM fee was a ridiculous 6.50. Alcoholic drinks came out to $15+ after taxes and mandatory gratuity. A soda cost over $4. And let’s not even mention the paid restaurants on board… most are $65 per person for dinner. Come on. It overall felt like a money-grabbing ship. Aside from the paid restaurants you’d only have about 2-3 other options for dinner. Other cruise lines offer much more.

The one good thing was the service staff. They were all very friendly and always accommodated wherever possible so I was happy to give them extra tips when I could. I felt a little sorry for some of them because they looked so tired. I wish they could have at least 1 day off a week. It just seems cruel to not have a day off for months on end (though I know that’s the cruise industry as a whole).

The buffet was packed 95% of the time and who really thinks this layout is good? I much prefer the several long bar layout instead of 3-4 “islands” that people have to maneuver around. Lots and lots of people almost bumping into each other. The buffet was also just okay food (I will say the main dining room had great food). Also the room service routinely took 60-90 minutes and the menu isn’t the best.

8 Helpful Votes