• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Poesia Review

Editor Rating

Baltics: An American solo experience in Latvia, Estonia and Stockholm!

Review for MSC Poesia to the Baltic Sea

Cabin:
Copenhagen, Denmark harbor
Scenic View of Stockholm Channel from Aft Balcony
Patarei Prison in Tallinn, Estonia
Team Pigalle Lounge! Awesome and incredible folks!

About the Reviewer: I’m a middle-aged American male who traveled solo on this, my 52nd voyage. I have sailed primarily on NCL with over 25 voyages there and a handful of cruises with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival. This was my fourth MSC cruise and my second week on the Poesia. You can find my previous review for the Norwegian fjords in this same section of member reviews for the ship. My previous experiences were on the MSC Meraviglia and the MSC Seaside sailing from Miami and New York City respectively. My cruise reviews are done in the chronological order of things experienced.

STATEROOM: 11249

This cruise I was in an aft balcony, the first one I’ve ever sailed in! The balcony room was quite spacious with plenty of closet and drawer space to make it work. There’s a seating area besides the desk in the corner of the room by the balcony door with a table. The room was quite spacious. The shower had a curtain but the shower head also had the two different settings between rain and pulsating. While I cannot stand the shower curtains as I am tall and bending over means touching them, it didn’t take away from the awesome-ness of this room. The aft balcony was the third one towards the center of the portside of the ship. The balcony was spacious despite the angling of the bulkhead. You were covered partially by the deck above and further out you were not. The views were stunning sailing into and out of ports during this voyage and this room was VERY awesome to experience them in! Some might find the vibration from the ship’s propellers a bit annoying when she’s hard to sea but I didn’t mind it.

STATEROOM: 11249