• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Celestyal Crystal Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

This discount cruise line is only worth it if you truly can't afford anything else

Review for Celestyal Crystal to the Mediterranean
sbrown6659
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:

All of the shore excursions that I booked/paid directly with the cruise line were cancelled at the last minute. I have been waiting 4 months (so far) for the refunds. I have submitted 5 requests for information and each one is replied to with the most ignorant nonsense - such as that the refund has been processed to the "agency" and I need to follow up with them however, I did not book with an agency.

The actual ship and itinerary changed twice from the time that I booked to the time we sailed - both changes were never communicated to me.

The food was a consistent disappointment all week with the only thing that met/exceeded expectations being the hot chocolate.

The balcony suite was a refuge on this dismal ship. It had a substantial bathroom and balcony. The sleeping area is separated from the sitting area in a way I didn't care for but which worked.

Port Reviews

Thessaloniki

There is nothing to do here - especially when the cruise cancelled our shore excursion at the last minute.

Crete (Heraklion)

I thought it was going to be advantageous to sail into this port however, there is truly NOTHING there. It MAY be closer to Palace of Knossos so a shorter drive which is good I guess.

1 Helpful Vote