• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Odyssey of the Seas Review

Editor Rating

It's about the ship when going overseas

Review for Odyssey of the Seas to the Eastern Mediterranean
Flo33010
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2022
Cabin:

I really had fun. But... I thought I would be able to see the islands of Santorini and Mykonos. I thought the Almalfi Coast was lined with pretty brightly painted homes as they show on TV. Nope. Not much time either. I give it 4 stars because of the ship itself which was nice. The food was decent. The shows, for the most part, were good. The cleanliness was great. The service and attention from staff were good. But the shore excursions... not so much. The Santorini excursion - I just picked the do on your own but purchased transport to OIA. We went to OIA but were told that we only had about an hour and a half which is absolutely no time at all if you want to do some sightseeing, lunch and some shopping. Not enough time at all. We're told that it would be difficult to get a taxi back down. So we left at the designated time. My sister is more adventurous. She stayed at a great restaurant with views to see the sunset. I should have stayed. She had no problem getting a taxi. We did have lunch in Fira, just wanted to see more of OIA. Don't let them rush you. Mykonos, we walked around the Port, some of our group googled and found a beach club with a pool, beach, and great food. Both of these islands merit more time. Next time I will fly in and stay a couple of days in each. Kusadasi in Turkey, what I saw of it, was pretty. And clean. Another place I would like to actually visit. We took a half-day tour of Ephesus and loved it. Not the one with lunch since I wanted to find our own place for food. The part I did not like on this tour is that at the end they practically force you to stay and watch the making of a Turkish rug. Yeah, they push to sell. We wanted out. Made them open the doors they closed of the shop to let us out. So we walked around and had lunch and did some shopping. Overall, a cruise is not something I would take to get to know anywhere. If you are big on cruising itself, on ships, drink and eat, and shows and casinos, Royal is great. I will cruise again. But only to Caribbean islands.

3 Helpful Votes