• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children
This is a photo of Creek Street in Ketchikan, Alaska. This was our first port on the cruise.  It was quite fun & interesting to stroll among all the quaint gift shops along the creek.

After the original Alaskan cruise was cancelled in 2020 I decided to rebook one for 2022. I took my family this time as well as a close friend. I chose the Majestic Princess as I wanted the experience of a newer ship & it was absolutely gorgeous. My family were only able to have their vacation time during the summer so we chose mid July for our cruise. Other than the weather that week it was a beautiful experience for all of us. The service, food, & amenities on board were great. My family enjoyed the indoor pool & my grandchildren especially loved Camp Discovery & all the events & activities they had there. We visited 3 ports, did 2 excursions & spent 2 days at sea viewing the glaciers at Glacier Bay & College Fjord. It was quite cool & rainy most of our days but we made the best of it. Everything on board was done with covid protocols, mostly followed by passengers & I did not hear of any covid cases on board. The buffet was amazing & done with so much care towards serving with health safety in mind. We ate at the Crown Grill, Alfredo's & one of the main dining rooms called the Allegro. The food & service was fantastic. There were wash stations & many hand sanitizers aboard this ship. I would definitely love to do this cruise over & hope that time would slow down, as it just went by way too fast.

Balcony

I was very impressed with our cabin. The shower in the bathroom of the Majestic was so big in comparison to the 2 older ships I have been on. The beds were very comfortable & our steward kept our room so clean with beds made daily & fresh towels always. We had a large balcony also. My family of 4 were a bit cramped with the children in the bunks but otherwise found the room was lovely & also well looked after by the steward. It was their first cruise & they felt next time with the children they would book a suite to have more space.

1 Helpful Vote