• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2022
Cabin: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony and Outside Balcony

My wife and I just returned from a 7 day Rhone River Colors of Provence cruise on the AmaWaterways AmaKristina. This was an expensive trip but we thought it would be worth it based on the reviews we had read. The boat configuration, shore tours, and housekeeping were fine. But we were very disappointed with the food (with the exception of desserts) and food is a large component of cruise satisfaction. Usually on river cruises everyone raves about the food. No one in our group of 26 and others on board with whom we spoke raved about the food. To many of us it was clearly substandard and well below our expectations. In terms of wait staff, they were evenly divided with half being warm and welcoming and the other half being cold and very mechanical. When we returned from our trip, I searched the positive reviews I had read and found that most were a few years old. Based on our experience, I would not recommend this AmaWaterways cruise. There was simply not enough value for the money we paid.

Response from SocialMediaA, Coordinator, Social Media

Hello! We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you had with us. We appreciate you taking the time to document your concerns, as it gives us a chance to address any areas of...

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony and Outside Balcony