CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2022
Cabin:

I have not cruised in a number of years, and couldn't wait to take another. Chose this one mainly because of Bermuda, and I have cruised on this class of ship a few times in the past, and like the layout and ease of getting around.

Embarkation: We had an 11:30 boarding time. Arrived at the terminal right at 11:30. First disconcerting issue, when we got off the shuttle, and had our bags out for the porter to take, he was making comments to everybody that they should "Throw me a little bit, and I'll make sure your bags get taken care of". HUH? I had to tip you or my bags wouldn't get taken care of? Just in case, I threw him a couple of dollars. I had read numerous reviews about the ease of embarkation. Boy not here. Took at least 1.5 to 2 hours to board. Nobody even asked about assigned boarding times. Apparently their computer system went down. So they were at a standstill. 4,000 passengers boarding the ship, and they had no backup plan?

When we boarded the ship, we went straight to the muster station to check in, since it was on that deck anyway, and wanted to get it out of the way. We then headed up to the pool. Both wore bathing suits for embarkation, so we didn't have to change. Grabbed a drink, jumped in the pool, and relaxed for a while. The ship was supposed to leave port at 4:00, and we didn't set sail until around 5:30. We had early seating for dinner, so really couldn't watch us sail away.

Was always clean, but did have some maintenance issues.

6 Helpful Votes