3. Marella Dream
Let me start with the good bits, the staff on-board are excellent - from the wine waiters to the cabin stewards, all friendly, and a very quick drinks service. The restaurant staff are aware of Gluten Free diets for Coeliacs, and my partner was not ill once! The entertainment is OK, a couple of good shows in the evenings. On the first night, about an hour and a half out of Palma- there was a bit of an emergency, we were on the top deck, listening to the band when they stopped half way through a song and ran - later all the crew had life-jackets on and we were told to make our way back to our cabin and put our life jackets on - we were stopped from going back to our room due to a large amount of smoke. We were then directed to the decks and donned our life-jackets. After a while - everything was OK and we were told that it was a refrigeration/diesel spill (I personally think it was a fire!) The staff were excellent during the emergency and I had every confidence in them. The Ports were OK, although I was not personally keen on Tunisia - excellent excursions both well organised and good value. Food was OK(we ate in all the restaurants) but it was a bit tasteless (I like spicy hot food!).

Now the bad bits:

I do not like the layout of the ship- all the bars are on one level and mingle in to each other making getting a seat after the show difficult. There were very few sunbeds, I saw 2 couples reserve 4 sunbeds, then go on an excursion for 5 hours, back for an hour on the beds then went to watch the England game - how utterly selfish! On our last day - more sunbeds were delivered so this should not be a problem in the future.

Room - good size - loads of small black flies coming from the waste pipes - really gruesome! Carpet was wet (due to flooding on deck 6)

Ship still smells in certain areas - especially in the public toilets - although they are scrupulously clean.

Guest comedian was coarse and not funny

Formal night-there were people wearing Jeans that had made no effort - they stood out and looked very uncomfortable. The staff should not have let them eat in the restaurant, they should have been directed to Self Service!

Several rooms flooded on the night they turned the water off for 6 hours, and there were workmen everywhere.

In the words of Dream -Things can only get better?

Marella Dream Cruise Review by sm714