• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2022
Cabin: Balcony

My Wife and I cruised on the Glory Aug. 14-21, 2022. We had a fun week. As we get older we look at different parts of a cruise that make it fun. This cruise we didn't attend any Shows in the Amber Lounge and we normally see them all. We didn't play Bingo at all. My wife spends a little time in the casino and she enjoyed that. I put my $25 free play in the $1 machine and it lasted 31 pops. I was done. Even with fewer menu choices in the mdr we found good food there each night except 1. That night we didn't see anything that really excited us so we decided to look over the buffet and ate there.

With that said, I assure you that neither of us were hungry. We came in from an excursion one afternoon, maybe Friday, and the only food venue that was open was the pizza pirate. Had line as expected. What surprised us was that there was only one poor guy cooking and serving pizza. We waited him out and the pizza was pretty good. Waiters in the dining room struggled each night due to having so many tables to take care of, but we always had good, friendly service. We met some great new friends and that always makes the cruise better. We had a balcony 4 cabins from the pool deck on the Lido and we never heard any noise from our cabin and very little from the balcony. Really enjoyed the location. I guess I should say that we did hear noise the night it thundered and lightening flashed so much. So much rain that Belize was flooded and we missed that port. I have never seen so much trivia being played. If you enjoy that then this was the cruise for you It went on, game after game, for hours. The entertainment around the ship was good. We enjoyed the karaoke. Some really good talent and some really fun talent. Gil, at the piano bar was good. He had an advantage of having the Alchemy Bar right outside his door. That's where we had most of our fun. Igor was hilarious and could make any drink that you could imagine. My wife had a little purse that looked like a Yorkshire Terrier and Igor had a blast with her. Named it Madeline. My wife loved that. Violeta, his partner in crime was really fun too, but she was off with some kind of medical problem at the end of the week. Visiting this bar was easily the highlight of the week on the ship. Would love to cruise with Igor and Violeta again.. Met a Sweet Lady named Heather at the bar and she had been on the ship for 3 of the last 4 cruises. Lots of fun and she had lots of information. Orlando was good, too, but he moved around a lot and was not always there. Igor held a Martini Class on the final sea day and that was probably the best $15 that we spent all week.. So much fun and so much booze. Don't miss this place if you cruise the Glory. Embarkation could have gone better. The registration agent that we had knew nothing about verifly and told me that she didn't care if I had it or not, she still needed to see all my paper work, which I had. She then said that I couldn't board because my Covid Test Results said "No Virus Found" instead of "Negative". Once we got a Manager over to help she said that Verifly was all we really needed, but they had not educated the agents. Debarkation could not have gone more smoothly. We used Priority Self Debarkation and we were off the ship at 7:22 AM. Overall, a very good cruise. Great weather, smooth water, lot of drinks in the Platinum/Diamond Party. Almost forgot, Roatan Adventures Tour was a customizable tour that we did and had a blast. We had Michael for our host and guide and he was fantastic. Call them if you want to see the Island completely.

Balcony

Very nice Balcony on the Lido Deck. Very convenient. Room Steward was very sweet and thorough.

5 Helpful Votes