CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Hermod Review

Editor Rating

Great experience for my first trip to Europe!

Review for Viking Hermod to Europe River
Mars grandma
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2022
Cabin: Veranda Suite

I chose Viking based on experiences that my friends had previously had. I chose the Rhine cruise because of reccomendation that it was a great choice for 1st time river cruisers. This cruise met all my expectations. From the ease of embarkation to the friendly, helpful staff, everything was well thought out. We had to change ships mid cruise due to water levels in the Rhine. Even this disruption went smoothly. The food was very good with plenty of options. There was a standard menu and also regional specialties that changed daily. The bar was well stocked and the bartenders outstanding. I reccomend the optional beverage package!

The on shore excursions were well done with great tour guides. I also enjoyed meeting other guests from across the USA and from other countries. Everyone we encountered were so friendly and interestingto talk to. Will definitely reccomend Viking to friends and family.

Veranda Suite

We had a Veranda cabin. It was large enough for us. Comfortable beds. Bathroom well stocked with needed toiletries.

3 Helpful Votes