• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Grandeur of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
46 Awards

Disappointing cruise ship. Very small and very few outdoor things to do

Review for Grandeur of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
jwhite5967
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin: Interior
Traveled with children

I wanted to take my daughter and my 2 oldest grandkids (ages 7, 8). Proximity to my location, and it was my 3rd cruise. The others were Royal Caribbean out of Galveston too. All of them have been short 4-5 day cozumel type cruises. This cruise ship was a lot smaller than the other 2 I've been on. There wasn't much to do outside. The pool was small and salty. The only other outdoor activities were rock climbing and shuffleboard. My grandkids loved the rock climbing. The other ships I was on had mini golf, sports court, surf pool, water slides, and bigger outdoor pool. We all did like the egg drop as we all got to participate.

It became apparent pretty quickly that this was more an adult/teen cruise and really not for 7, 8 year olds. I was told they were not allowed at disco night. They weren't allowed at the indoor pool. All of the movies except for the last one was either adult or teen friendly and not really for younger kids. There were very few outdoor activities. No slide...etc. I hope I don't come across that I wanted the cruise built around them, just a little more friendly to them. The other cruise ships I was on would have been better.

Am I writing off Royal Caribbean forever? No. It was clean and still a nice ship. Food was awesome. Everything worked great. It's just gotten me to be more aware of the cruise ship and what things it has to do. I'm probably going to try a carnival one next time but I may come back. I'll just make sure I do more research on what the cruise ships have to do before I book any more.

Interior

I'm not sure I got the category correct. We had interior stateroom with pullman beds for 4 total people. It was fine. I expected it to be kind of cramped and that was fine. Everything worked fine and service was great.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

I think cozumel is cool and the beach excursion was great. Plenty of things to do for everyone.

2 Helpful Votes