• Newsletter

10+ Cruises

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin: Princess Suite

This was our third cruise on the QE – and the second time in Princess Grill on this ship. A detailed review of the ship is not necessary as there has been plenty written about it. I will just mention a few things that are outstanding: I think the Grand lobby, the Royal Court Theatre and the Commodore Club are the finest we have experienced on any ship. The elegant two-storey library gets an honourable mention. If it was as large as the one on the QM2 it would also join the “best” category.

Comparisons with the Grills on the QM2 are inevitable. The QE Grills areas are, in my opinion – and my wife agrees with me – far better than those on the QM2. Specifically, we are impressed with the restaurants and the outdoor deck areas. The Grills lounge is far more attractive than that on the QM2, but it is rather small. The QM2 does have an extra lounge, the Concierge lounge, which would have been welcome on the QE.

Those who have experience travelling Princess Grill on the QM2 might be disappointed in the staterooms. I knew what they were like before our first trip in PG but still booked and we came back again. It is the Grills experience that makes it worthwhile. The PG staterooms are nothing special. They are just long versions of a regular narrow cabin with a tiny balcony. Instead of a walk-in closet as on the QM2, there is an alcove near the bathroom for hanging clothes. If anyone comes to visit they see all your clothes.

Princess Suite