• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

While we were on the Maiden and did receive a few perks, I'll focus on our over all feel if it was a normal sailing.

Oh wow, what a beautiful ship. I will confess, we've only been on DCL, so I have no reference to other lines, but from what some others were saying, it does remind them of a few other lines with some of the layout. There have been a lot more negative reviews being shared, but if you are a DCL fan, at least try her once and make up your own mind. We will be back on her. Service was wonderful as usual, and we loved our cabin, even with the few changes they made we didn't understand, but I'll post in cabin review. The two banks of elevators take some getting used to and with this normally only being a 3/4 night cruise, some might get confused easily, so consider "studying" the deck plans before you board to help ahead of time. Due to those elevator/stairs locations, you might find yourself walking a little further to your cabin compared to the other 4 ships. Also, when you enter the elevators, the buttons are very sensitive. Try not to lean against them, or you will find yourself stopping at every floor. There were lots of us experiencing that the first day.

The Disney touches are not lacking with lots of characters, lots of activities and make sure to look for the Incredi-Games at the Hero Zone for a fun family activity mentioned on your app. Even if you don't participate, it's fun to watch. Enjoy the Goodnight kiss at 8, 10 and 12pm each night in the atrium and make sure to look for Lady Lily and Lord Leopold for some fun interaction. We enjoyed our food at several locations and enjoyed the shows as well. There is a couple of new additional cost areas for food in addition to Inside Out: Joyful Sweets, such as Beignets at The Bayou and a snack menu at Keg and Compass from 5-10pm. We actually skipped pirate night in the dining room and enjoyed Fish and Chips and Wings here and thought it was a nice treat and didn't mind paying. We did not get to enjoy either of the adult only restaurants this trip, so while we paid, it actually did save us money. Overall we enjoyed our cruise and will be back again on the Wish.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Cabin 7660, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda, Aft/Starboard/Castaway Cay lagoon view

What a beautiful cabin. This room has the Frozen theme and is for 3/4 persons. While there was only 2 of us, with smaller children, there is plenty of room, with teens, I might recommend getting the bigger cabin. A couple of changes DCL made that for us didn't make sense, was the lack of drawers. There are 2 hanging areas of the closet and a safe and shelves in the middle. We had to move the life jackets to the upper shelf and lower floor to make room for our clothes and because there are so few drawers, I left our clothes in our packing cubes, but still felt a bit disorganized. Being that this is normally a 3 or 4 night cruise, you don't need as much, but still felt odd. There are 3 drawers in the desk and 2 more shelves, but I was thinking if we had 1 or 2 additional people, I'm not sure where all the clothes would have gone. Now there are tons of shelves for toiletries, sunscreen, makeup items in the desk, so no issues there as well as in the bathrooms. This room has the split bathroom, nice tub and the shower door goes in as well as out, so great for parents bathing little ones. The toilet area seems a tiny bit smaller then on the other 4 ships, but still okay enough to do your business, but I did think the sink was a bit shallow and felt like the water always splashed out when washing our hands. A very nice touch was there were robes. The refrigerator is now a drawer. At first I didn't think we'd be able to get our leftovers in, but we were able to put our juices and a bowl of fruit on top, without any issues, but our bottle of champagne did need to lean a bit to get it closed. Also a bottle of wine does not fit snug into or under the shelf on the desk, which we did this was a miss measure. I did keep getting confused with the location of this room, since there are only 2 elevator banks, and I felt it was a bit of a walk, so I would probably try to get a room closer to the elevators. There are 19, plus 4 ADA cabins beyond ours, so keep that in mind when you are looking for picking your cabin. I prefer to use the stairs, when we can, so will probably choose deck 8 or 9 next time, so we can be closer to the upper decks. Overall it is a great cabin and we were happy to be on board and can't wait to be back.

6 Helpful Votes