CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • Cruise Tips

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Princess is always great, but an excursion...

Review for Emerald Princess to the British Isles & Western Europe
eulea
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

My husband and I prefer cruising on Princess to other lines, not because others aren't also fine. We don't need climbing walls, waterslides, etc. We also have some perks because of our Captain's Circle status. Thus, when we were planning a trip to Ireland and wanted to go on a cruise as well, we naturally looked art Princess first. What had been planned as just he and I and his sister ended up being 8 family members going. We had a blast. Four people had never cruised before, one being our 11 year old granddaughter. I was initially concerned she would be board since there aren't the extra "stuff" onboard that kids are attracted to.

I was pleased she loved being onboard and going on tours with us (mostly). She very much enjoyed their Kids Club and went several times. She also loved the buffet and, surprisingly, the 2 hour meals we ate in the dining room each night. The maitre'ds teased her about her Barbie dolls that joined us at table each night not having medallions. We made ones from hair ties, fun tack and paper circles she'd colored. They even "scanned" the dolls into the dining room. She and I ordered room service once for lunch, just for fun. When she asked when it would arrive, I was just about to say, "soon" when a knock on the door indicated it was here. Hot and tasty.

The ship was lovely, so very clean. The staff were so friendly and efficient. Just like every time we cruise on Princess. We do like the medallions. It makes it so easy to get in your room, on and off the ship, pay for things in the shops on board. We didn't try the medallion pay in shops on land.

2 Helpful Votes