CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin: Balcony

I chose this cruise to use my remaining credit, just a week to the Norwegian Fjords and although I've been before, I hadn't visited Alesund or Haugesund previously. The weather in Bergen was atrocious, pouring with rain and blowing a gale, but after that the weather was very pleasant, with blue sky and warm sun the last 2 days.

Embarkation was very quick, as no testing was required at the port and I only had to confirm that I had self tested within the last two days. I had a balcony cabin on deck 6 near the rear stairs which was very convenient for the restaurant and the buffet.

Dining is now either 5.45 or 8.15, which I had chosen. I had requested a singles table and was allocated a table for 6 with 4 singles and a married couple, 3 of whom were American. Service was efficient and the food was generally good apart from some rather tough shoulder of lamb one night. There's no Captain's welcome party but a glass of fizz was served before the first formal night dinner. (In fact I didn't see the Captain at all, although he made the announcements before leaving ports.) Afternoon tea in the Queen's Room is very popular, you need to get there early to get a table.

Balcony

A standard balcony cabin with a comfortable bed and sofa. Bathroom is compact, and I would prefer an adjustable shower and shower screen rather than curtain. Cabin Steward John was very efficient, and there is still an evening turndown service

4 Helpful Votes