• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Allure of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
64 Awards

Excellent Cruise! Didn't Want to Return to Reality!

Review for Allure of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean

CocoCay!
Lido deck at night!
Aquatheater.
Ship docked at Curacao!

Let me start off by saying this was not my first time on the Allure of the Seas. I was on this ship about 5 years ago, and was in awe of the architecture and entertainment on board. This time around I also was amazed by the sheer artistry of this ship. I'm going to break up this review in parts so it is easier to read.

FOOD:

The food was even better than I remember it being the first time I was on the ship. When I was on the ship years ago, the food selection at the buffet was not very good. But it definitely seems the selection has improved. There was pasta, salad bars, burgers/hot dogs, cheeses, and a bunch of rotating items that generally were quite delicious. There were themed nights at the buffet, such as Italian and Mexican. One port day even had a made to order pasta station, while another had a stir fry station. If you wanted healthier options, the adults-only area, the Solarium, had a smaller sized buffet available some days for breakfast and others for lunch. For breakfast, the Solarium had omelets, waffle station, eggs, cereal, and other typical breakfast selections. It was a great option to go to on busy port days for breakfast. Even had outdoor seating which the buffet did not have. Since we had a Junior Suite, we were able to dine at the Suites Only restaurant, Coastal Kitchen, just for dinner. Coastal Kitchen was delicious, and the food came out steaming hot. I have never been on a cruise ship where the food was so hot before. Although the food was good and changed everyday, I think some of the options could be improved. The options at the MDR were often better, in my opinion.

Junior Suite Accessible