• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin:

Long time cruiser, first time reviewer here. My mom is a frequent writer on this site -- let's just say she can use a bit of polish (meant lovingly -- especially if she's reading this).

For context, I'm a 24 year old girl and I went on this cruise with my two parents. I see mainly older people leave reviews and I want to offer a fresh perspective. I hope to instill some excitement in the younger crowd while still being informative overall!

VENUES:

CABIN:

The cabin was fine. I slept on the fold out couch bed. It was kind of stiff but it's a couch bed, so I can't be overly critical. I did take a nap in the main bed and it was uber comfortable and soft. Some might say the balcony was small, but we were able to sit out there and get a view, which is enough for me. Both the bathroom and closet were really spacious. My one complaint is that I wish there were more TV channels.

Our main housekeeper, Juan, was lovely. All of the staff was friendly and polite, always greet you when you walk by. A consistently pleasant experience with the Norwegian staff.

Port Reviews

Norfolk

I didn't think I'd like Norfolk, but it had such a quaint charm with an emphasis on naval/marine themes. We didn't book an excursion; we simply walked around town. We busied ourselves with the mermaid scavenger hunt and had a blast trying to find all the statues -- we found 11 total!

King's Wharf

I've been to Bermuda a few times. From the teal waters to the lush palm trees, it's a gorgeous island. I recommend checking out Clearwater Beach as opposed to Horseshoe Bay since the latter is the big tourist beach. The shopping was okay. You can get more than just t-shirts for gifts/souvenirs but I feel like many shops carry the same items. I think three days in Bermuda was a bit too much. By Friday, we were just exploring the dockyard, and my friends said there weren't any good bars.

We did one shore excursion: Caves and Waves. We ventured into the Crystal Caves then went to Clearwater Beach. The caves were breathtaking and the beach was beautiful. It was a great experience and honestly well priced, but it was 6 hours, and I get that can be too long for some people.

21 Helpful Votes