• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ambience Review

Editor Rating

Nationwide debit cards are a problem

Review for Ambience to the British Isles & Western Europe
l.jones33
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin:

The cruise was good overall but payment by my Nationwide debit was an issue that impacted the cruise. I was on a cruise 6 weeks ago and paid the shipboard account with my N/W debit card without problems. I registered it for this cruise but 7 days into the 12 day cruise I received a letter advising that they were unable to collect payment. I rang Nationwide but they wouldn't pay the account unless Ambassador used a 4 digit pin number that they would text me. Ambassador refused to do this or any other alternative and told me to pay cash or get someone else to pay my account. I am taking this up with N/W but the reception staff on the Ambience were dreadful. They told me that they knew from previous cruises that N/W debit cards could not be used but still let me register it at Tilbury. There were several on the cruise with this problem. I had to find ATMs at the Isles of Scilly and Guernsey after the tours before I got back on the ship. More of a problem than it sounds and then hassle with Reception when I paid. The air con was very hit and miss also.

The other things I missed was there is no bridge cam so I felt isolated in my inside cabin. No idea what the weather was like outside. They had films on the TV but no information on what and when the films were on. Not that I wanted to watch any but it seems a small thing to put in the daily sheet.

On the plus side, the entertainment was amazing. The show team were terrific. All the musicians and guest artists were great.

13 Helpful Votes