Anthem of the Seas Review

Forest56
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022

My wife and I chose this cruise purely because of timing. My wife works a lot in the USA and this week fitted in with her trip home in between various other family events. We would not have actually chosen this itinerary, but that wasn't really a big point of the cruise, we just wanted to get away and (mainly for her...) relax. We have also cruised with RCCI a number of times and have always been happy with the overall quality of the experience.

I read a lot of reviews on Anthem of the Seas, and there were a number of negative comments particularly revolving around the quality of food on board. This was not the case for us...but let me start at the beginning.

I booked the cruise approx 4 weeks before the departure date. Hearing many bad things about the Covid preparation required I was determined to be on top of things, so I called RCCI to make sure I was doing everything correctly. I was told all I needed was a PCR test 48 hours pre-departure. I ordered 2 tests (£40 each) which arrived a couple of days later, so I was ready. I then spoke with a friend of mine who had just returned from another RCCI cruise who told me we needed supervised antigen tests, which are much cheaper (£13.99 each) but the tests have to be supervised. So I called RCCI again (bear in mind it's the usual 40 mins wait to talk to anyone). I was still told PCR tests and no need to be supervised. I pointed out that their website said a supervised antigen test...but, according to RCCI no, and they sent me an email confirming our tests would be accepted at embarkation, assuming they are negative of course. So not the best of starts!

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Anthem of the Seas Cruise from $382

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.