• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin: Royal Suite

I'm a 40-something housewife and my husband and I have now been on 7 cruises over the past 12 years. 5 of the previous cruises were Royal Caribbean, with 3 of those being on Oasis of the Seas. We have always stayed in suites, because we find having private space on a ship to be one of our top priorities. The reason we decided to try Celebrity for the first time, is that we realized for the same money we could get a Royal Suite that comes with a lot more benefits and perks. I found this cruise after it's original itinerary was cancelled and it moved to the Caribbean. I was a little nervous, because this was to be the 3rd sailing after coming back into service. I went in with very low expectations and I was completely happy with our experience.

Since we were Retreat guests, embarkation was a breeze! We arrived at terminal 25 and were quickly inside and upstairs in the lounge getting checked in. Within another 5 minutes, Connie, one of the concierges, whisked us onboard to Michael's club. My first impression of Infinity was that it had a cozy, elegant charm. I know that a lot of people love all the shiny aspects of newer ships, but there is something so comforting about Infinity. Michael's Club is so lovely! The furnishings and wood accents make it so easy to relax and hang out.

One of the first things that I love about Celebrity, or at least on our cruise, is that we were allowed to drop our bags in our rooms, even if they weren't ready yet. So, after dropping our bags we went to our first meal at Luminae.

Royal Suite

We stayed in Royal Suite 6142. My parents were in Royal Suite 6140. Both suites were exactly as we hoped they would be. They were very clean and there was new carpeting and soft furnishings. I personally loved the older decor of all the wood accents. These rooms come with a lot of storage! The bathroom was clean and only showing minor wear and tear. The balcony was wonderful, but maybe showing a little age, but nothing that would keep us from booking either of these rooms again.

14 Helpful Votes