• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Caribbean Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Superior cruise ship with great service!

Review for Caribbean Princess to the Eastern Caribbean
Rex1965
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2022
Cabin: Balcony

I was ready for another cruise post-pandemic. Couldn't get anyone to go with me, so I went solo, biting the bullet and paying the single supplement. I booked the cruise through [an agency]. I guess that there was something of a discount but I found out that a couple of other solo passengers didn't pay as much as I did, so maybe next time I will try another agency or book directly with Princess. I arrived a day early, staying at the SEA-N-SUN BNB through Expedia/VRBO. Very nice apartment, but more for people staying in Fort Lauderdale long-term.

Embarkation was hectic, but expected. The land crew did everything to make the process run as smoothly as possible, but with 3000 eager passengers, especially those with children, that wasn't gonna happen. I was grateful that they let us board at noon. We left port around four - and BION, my luggage arrived before we departed!! That NEVER happens.

It was an Eastern Caribbean cruise, but frankly, the ship was better than the ports that it visited. I love the old-fashioned touches like wood in the cabins, attentive service in the dining rooms and cabins. My steward, Jimmy, was excellent and worked very hard to make me comfortable. We went to Princess Cays, St. Thomas VI and St. Kitts. I didn't get off the ship during the Cays visit, as those beaches are all the same to me. So I stayed onboard relaxing on my balcony and eating a slice of their delicious thin-crust pizza with my soda. There was a bit of a sewage smell in the aft port corridors. I noticed it on my way to the laundry room.

Balcony

Balcony cabin on Deck 14, Riviera deck. Other than some rust on the balcony partition, it was immacculate. Jimmy is the best cabin steward ever. The bed was very comfortable. The water was hot - too hot. Getting cold water in the bathroom was impossible and I think that the shower is too small - I'm a six-footer at 250 lbs and the curtain and me did some serious dancing. But the walk-in closet was so spacious.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Post cruise I visited a few tourist spots with my friend Bob. Fort Lauderdale has several nice areas. Get the Reuben at the Alibi.

St. Thomas

My tour was almost ruined by a racist passenger and her two obnoxious daughters - passengers from the CELEBRITY EQUINOX. But everyone just ignored them - we were on vacation. But it DOES make me wonder - what type of passenger Celebrity Cruises attracts?

As I mentioned, I was a bit underwhelmed by St. Thomas. But the tour guide was very friendly.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

The tour guide, Franklin, gave us a comprehensive, four hour bus tour through St. Kitts. His narrative and the scenery make the tour totally worth it! The tour was $55USD but I got in for $20USD - he had extra seats that he needed to fill. Fortunately, all the passengers were from the CP - no snotty Celebrity passengers this time!

previous reviewnext review