CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • Cruise Tips

Caribbean Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

What's with all the bad reviews??

Review for Caribbean Princess to the Western Caribbean
seapig
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin: Interior

So this was my 12th Princess cruise over the years, and I went solo after getting an unbelievable casino deal. I also did it so I could get the 2 credits towards Elite status.

I've been on this ship 3 times now, and love it. I love it because it's still very nice after the 2019 refurb, it's smaller, the pools are fantastic, and you can always find a place to sit by one! It's also too bad they aren't putting a Skywalker's nightclub on all the new ships. I went on the Sky in February when it was 1/3 full, and it was just as easy on this cruise to get a great spot by the pool on sea days. I believe this ship was close to 100 percent capacity, minus those rooms they need to hold for possible Covid quarantines. (I asked on day 1 and day 2 for a paid upgrade, and was told they were full.)

The title of my review says it all. I don't understand all the whiners. This cruise experience was just as good as many others I've been on, so I think people are expecting way too much or something. The ship was definitely short staffed, but I never had one bad experience with a crew member. The worst crew experience I can even remember was perhaps the bartenders around the pool. On the Sky in January they would greet you by name and get your drink right away. On this one they wouldn't even look you in the eye half the time because they were too dang busy and understaffed. Sometimes it got annoying waiting, but I tell you what- both NCL cruises I've done pre-Covid were WAY worse when trying to get a drink.

Interior

Aft inside cabin C720. My first time in one, and I think I would do it again. I miss having the balcony, but I have never slept better because of the ship's movement/vibration back there. The room was pitch black dark for sleeping, so set your alarm! It was plenty big for one person. I would not want to do one with two however, as the walls are paper thin. I had some guy to my left (one cabin farther aft) that I could hear all evening several nights clearing his throat, or talking to his gf/wife. I couldn't hear a TV though.

Port Reviews

Belize City

Unless you have a great excursion reserved I wouldn't get off the ship next time. It's a long render ride, and the only good thing there is a few cool bars with $3 local beer.

Cozumel

I went with a group to Paradise Beach resort. It's all-inclusive for $59, and I'm pretty sure I ate and drank about $200 the whole day. The beach is nice to look at, but has a lot of rocks once you get in the water. The pool is awesome. If I go back to Cozumel I'm 100 percent going back here. Book online in advance because it will sell out before you arrive in port.

1 Helpful Vote