• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Island Princess Review

Editor Rating
15 Awards

Low energy cruise director, good food, lots of crowding

Review for Island Princess to Transatlantic
Nursepal
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:

I had never done a transatlantic cruise before. Thought I would love the sea days. Plus side the food was at the usual high standard of Princess. I make it a practice to avoid buffet, too hard to manage my own portion control and good place to get sick. So I mostly ate in dining rooms, for was good. But the timing was. Always off. Using tne medallion to make a reservation was useless. I was. Disappointed in the activities of sea days. Ian was a great trivial leader. However with so many sea days I might have enjoyed some other activities. Nothing unusual. Also surprised with so many sea days, that the casino did not offer any lessons or specials.

The Island does not have a Crown Grill. The Italian speciality was great, went there twice but the other was some sort of Bayou place, could not see anything I order off the menu. A storm prevented us from stopping in Ireland. I have had other ports canceled on Princess and an alternative has been offered. Last thing we needed was another sea day with limited activities.

Much has mentioned about the lack of International Cafe. I believe this lead to more room demand on room service and the dining room, poor decision. Our room on E deck, we had to talk thru the library in order to get to our room.. weird. Library was also very popular.

We had a balcony, I like the closet/ wall that Princess has, creates a dressing area. Good if you are traveling with friend, not partner.

Port Reviews

Akureyri

National holiday, nothing open. Cruise line should have known that

5 Helpful Votes