• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin:

I am a long time Silversea passenger and have sailed on almost all of their boats including two previous trips on the Muse.

While the shore excursion team, housekeeping staff, our butler, waitstaff etc were all excellent and went above and beyond my expectations to make our vacation wonderful, the food quality and restaurant options were very poor on this trip. This was my third cruise since the pandemic and it was a very different experience than my previous two trips. The food quality was not what we had experienced in the past (we just got off a cruise on the Moon in March where we had some of the best food I have ever experienced on SS). It was very noticeable in the quality of beef, shellfish, and the general lack of selection. The Muse has elected to close Atlantide for all lunches and all but a few days at breakfast; the Japanese restaurant for lunch; and the pizza spot for dinner. We were told this was “due to covid.” Essentially, what it meant was that our only indoor lunch option was La Terrazza that was run as a buffet where passengers serve themselves (e.g. touch the food) for at least 50% of the options. I’m not sure how that decision can be seen as a covid restriction given it meant that la Terrazza was extremely crowded and felt like a cattle car. We ate a few lunches outside on the warmest days but as it was in Alaska and I was traveling with my elderly parents it was not ideal. We were very uncomfortable with how crowded La Terrazza was from a covid transmission perspective (on past cruises post pandemic we felt the staff made a point to spread people out, that was not possible here). We also felt the experience and food selection was really downgraded by this buffet only indoor dining move. I have three future cruises booked and I worry this is actually a cost cutting measure (vs “covid restriction”). We were planning to book a 4th cruise onboard to save the 5%, but held off as the limited selection and poor food quality made us question if we want to start looking at other lines and canceling our existing future trips.

We had a few suites but thought they were all great! We did hear some weird noises randomly from our silver suite (933).

7 Helpful Votes