• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

This was my first cruise with Oceania, but we have been on multiple cruises before (starting with Carnival long ago, also Azamara and Windstar). I greatly appreciated the ability to read reviews on this site, so I will try to give a very thorough review.

This cruise was outstanding, and we love Oceania now. We chose Oceania for the itinerary to Alaska (especially in and out from Seattle which meant that we could take a train there instead of fly), as well as the focus on food. They completely lived up to the reputation for a "foodie" cruise. My goal was to eat fish (especially salmon!) at least twice a day, and this was easily done! There was always fish available for lunch and dinner (smoked fish options available for breakfast as well but I wasn't interested in this.) It was truly a dream having so much freshly grilled and delicious fish. There was one day I had 4 different kinds of fish in one meal! They had a "Chef's Dinner" two nights in a row where there was fresh fish grilled to order - the first night it was halibut, and the second night it was salmon. I had three filets of freshly grilled salmon that were just perfect. I even watched the kind cook grilling the fish to try to learn how to make salmon at home (which I always fail at :). Beyond the fish, there were just so many wonderful food options available. I have dietary restrictions (gluten- and dairy-free), and they would deliver the next day's restaurant menu to my door at night for me to plan my meal and deliver the next morning. This was great, although I think they did a better job of being prepared for this in the specialty restaurants (understandably so, the grand dining room has so many more people and no reservations!). I have to give a special shout-out for the dairy-free (and gluten-free) creme brulee they made me at Toscana. this wasn't on the menu, and the kind waitress suggested it when it came to dessert, that they could make it special for me. omg, it was one of the best things i have ever tasted. poor Oceania chef's - i requested it on my menu every night in the restaurant from then on! my 2nd time at Toscana, they made 2 for me!! truly amazing. and the food at the specialty restaurants (and everywhere) is just phenomenal. if good food is one of your main cruise goals, you can't go wrong with Oceania.

A basic beverage package was included in our rate from our travel agent, and we upgraded to the unlimited beverage package for $20/day. this was a fantastic decision as we love cocktails. i hardly even drink when i'm at home, but i love to try different cocktails on vacation. i basically lived on fish and cocktails ;) who needs dessert? other than creme brulee. :) amazing drinks, and amazing bartenders.

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

concierge veranda level cabin, 7th floor, room 7012 - toward the front of the ship on the port side. absolutely wonderful comfortable beds. i really hope the staff get the same beds!! plenty of storage. i loved having a balcony - even if we didn't spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony, we got wonderful views and could open the door for fresh air. the bathroom is small but no surprise really, it's a cruise ship. ;) great towels. shower had hot water and decent water pressure, and there was plenty of storage in bathroom as well. i'm not sure if we would choose concierge level again, but i think that it does play a part in where your room is located. we really liked our location on the 7th floor, sort of in middle of ship (top to bottom), and toward the front meant that it was easy to get to gym/spa (terrace cafe on opposite side). i guess middle of ship might be better, but in terms of feeling the ship movement it wasn't bad at all. overall we were very happy with room, especially the amazing beds! :)

9 Helpful Votes