CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

I choose this cruise because Viking is my favorite cruise line and I wanted to cruise but not leave the United States. This cruise met my criteria. Viking cabins are very comfortable and the people that care for them are top notch.

Food which is an important part of cruising is always good, sometimes exceptional. I had one unfortunate experience where I had ordered Eggs Benedict in the restaurant and they arrived cold. Sent them back and had a cold plate of cheese and meat which was very tasty I think the ship was a little understaffed and had they been fully staffed this would not have happened.

The ship was not able to dock in Santa Barbara which was unfortunate, so we had to spend an extra day at sea. My only real complaint was that there were no tours offered on the last day, we had to be off the ship by 8:30am and then had to spend 10-11 hours in the airport hotel which was not at all comfortable. A tour of the city would have been a nice touch.

Port Reviews

San Diego

One of my favorite cities, I saw parts that I hadn't seen before, primarily LaJolla

Astoria, Oregon

Cute little town, not too much to see, but the tour guide was very good and it was obvious she liked her hometown.

previous reviewnext review