• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:

I first saw this itinerary back in the Fall of 2019 and I loved it. Then came the pandemic and I tried to do this 3/20, 11,20 and 3/21 and all wre cancelled after I had booked and rebooked. Finally the 11/21 sailing was set to go and about 2 or 3 weeks prior, the itinerary was changed. After 2 years of waiting I was not going to settle for the revised schedule so I called and cancelled that trip. When I rebooked I found out I had to pay more and settle for a lower cabin class that I previously had. Then 2 weeks before the 3/22 sailing I get the bad news that once again the itinerary had to be changed. I was now going to miss Brazil, Senegal and Morocco. After waiting more than 2 years, I reluctantly took the trip.

I will say that the ship was beautiful, the service was extraordinary, the food tremendous and the entertainment was wonderful.

Unfortunately, the one added port of Puerto Plata in Uruguay had to be dropped because of bad weather which resulted in 9 long days at sea with no scheduled ports. Cabo Verde and Madeira were nice but in my judgment did not make up for what I missed. The stop in Buenos Aires resulted in no time to explore and the next day we got 4 hours in Montevideo which was the totality of South America.

Great service but a level below what I originally purchased.

2 Helpful Votes