• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

A whirlwind teaser of several bucket-list destinations!

Review for Emerald Princess to the British Isles & Western Europe
JT77
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin:

Living in California, most people cruise to destinations such as Alaska, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Prior to this cruise, I had never considered the British Isles as a destination.

I wish I found this sooner! Traveling to places I've always wanted to see since I was a child - Dublin, the Blarney stone, the Giants Causeway, and more was a fantastic experience.

The ports on my cruise were (in order):

I don't know my cabin category, but it was perfectly adequate. I had 7 people in my party, with 2 cabins next to each other. It worked well enough.

Port Reviews

Belfast

The shore excursion my party chose didn't include a tour of Belfast, but we did get a quick run through many of the murals throughout the city. The driver/guide also added a lot of historical information on the city and the obvious conflicts that have marred it for decades. The walls dividing Protestant and Catholic neighborhoods were something I didn't know existed.

Though we only drove through, you could feel the energy from conflicts of the past and the disdain among its people that carries on to this very day. The city felt like a powder keg just waiting for a spark. I never expected to feel this way, but I really want to go back and experience Belfast proper.

Ok - the excursion. Oh my, it was fantastic! Maybe I'm biased because I've always wanted to see it since I was a child, but the Giants Causeway was unbelievable. Also, the Dark Hedges, Dunlance Castle (House Greyjoy from Game of Thrones), driving through the village of Bushmills (yes, THAT Bushmills), and the Northern Ireland countryside were such a worthwhile experience. I can't recommend it enough.

3 Helpful Votes