• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

I loved the way Princess lays out how they are going to great lengths to protect the passengers from exposure to Covid-19. You get 10 out of 10. However, after embarkation, my family go up to the Horizons cafe where my expectation was that there would be no self service. I state that because that was precisely what your Covid precautions page had told us all. I quote, "there will be no self service". Common touching of buffet utensils is one of the top 2 areas where the potential transmission of any virus is likely to occur!!! Also that there will be 'contact tracing'. That turned out to be non existent as well.

I fully understand that passengers cruise at their own risk for exposure to Covid-19 and Norovirus etc. However, don't make absolute statements like 'there will be no self service'. Because, that's what people will come on a cruise expecting to see.

As I was leaving the ship on day 7, I was starting to feel unwell. By the time I arrived home I was not feeling well at all. I went to bed and the next morning I was really sick. I got tested to find out that I had tested positive for Covid, as did the rest of my family of 8 who were also on the cruise. I immediately checked your website to see who I must contact to advise them for the contact tracing and the situation in general. I was unable to find any usable number, so I called reservations. I was kept on hold for over 25 minutes. When the agent finally got back to me, I was informed that her supervisor told her to make a notation on the reservation and that no further action was required! I was appalled by the response. Unacceptable!!!

About par for a ship of this age. Smelly drains in the bathroom could be improved. Cabin steward great.

2 Helpful Votes