Symphony of the Seas Review

Never a dull moment, tons of fun for everyone!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Symphony of the Seas
NKECruiserForLife
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family

Sail Date: Jun 2022

This was mine and my husband's first cruise on Royal Caribbean. We sailed on Carnival Ecstacy in December 2018 and Celebrity Equinox in July 2019. Overall we enjoyed this vacation but there were several pros and cons I'd like to share.

First of all the number one selling point were the shows onboard and we were not disappointed. My favorites were the ice skating show 1977, Hiro the acrobatic/dance fight choreography in the in aquatheater, the family comedy show and the Broadway musical Hairspray. The production of Flight, iskate 2.0., adult comedy show and the headliner Finess were also great fun and entertainment! I made it my top priority to reserve these shows as soon as we got onboard. I wish they would have allowed booking earlier, to avoid the congestion in the box office area where they explained how to use the app and book. The Royal Caribbean app crashed a lot throughout the whole week and would not keep an accurate ship time, causing me to miss some of the other scheduled activities I was interested in. Had I known the wifi was so unreliable I wouldn't have purchased that either, however it's a good thing I did because the messaging part on the app charges you per message, which is ridiculous, when trying to keep in touch with your family members onboard.

The second biggest compliment I can give goes to the entire Royal Caribbean staff. They made customer service their top priority and the speed of service was pretty great especially from the bartenders all across the ship. Our state room attendant Mariana went the extra mile to make sure our bed was more comfortable for us and we received 3 very cute towel animals throughout the week. She always greeted us and remembered us personally. Our waiters in the Main Dining Room were also very personable and friendly. Thank you Sagar and Oleh for top-notch service that kept us coming back every night! I'm impressed we were able to receive such great service when the crew are busy serving nearly 6000 other guests throughout the week.

I really liked our interior cabin location on the 6th floor. It was near the Vitality Spa/Cafe & Gym and the Boardwalk. The best part was being able to take the ultimate abyss slide down to the boardwalk 10 floors to get back to our room instead of joining another crowded elevator. We liked taking the stairs to see all the unique artwork everywhere. The beds were very hard, but our lovely state room attendant fixed us up with a more cushiony mattress pad and extra pillow options which helped. The hallways were very narrow but our room was a bit more spacious than we imagined as well as the shower. I was disappointed to see they only provided a 2-in-1 hair/body wash and no conditioner or lotion, glad I brought my own! My husband said the gym was great with lots more weight equipment instead of all cardio like other gyms and had a good amount of use, but not super crowded. The doors all seem to slam every time, but the rooms seemed pretty soundproof besides that. We were roomed next to some unsupervised teens and they never bothered us even though we are light sleepers.

14 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Symphony of the Seas Cruise from $334

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.