River Princess Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin: Standard Stateroom

I am a River Heritage Member. I've taken at least 10 cruises over the last 20 years with Uniworld. I've sung the praises of this company for excellent service and responsive leadership. Something has changed. The leadership, both land based and on the ship is noticeably younger and less experienced. It appears that many of the more experienced and costly employees have been forced out. The communication between the office staff and the ship is practically non-existent. On this last trip, and I'm sorry to say I terminated my relationship with this company. Uniworld showed their lack of concern for the passengers in this new age of traveling with Covid. We had a travel group of 11 people on this cruise and 6 tested positive for Covid either on the ship or when they arrived home. For those of us who were unlucky and tested positive while still in Austria, they whisked us off the ship, gave us poor information about how to survive in Austria having tested positive for Covid. We had no support, no information and no help as we arranged for a cab to take us from the ship to a hotel near the airport. Thank God we were not severely ill. Based on communication we had with others on the ship, we believe that half of the passengers on this cruise contracted Covid. Uniworld wanted no data or information made public about the rate of positive tests associated with their company. There was a four hour bus ride from Prague to Nuremburg where we were crowded in a bus, because only one bus showed up at the hotel. While we were forced to wear our uncomfortable seat belts, passengers were not required to wear masks. I believe that's where the initial rampant spread of the virus took place. At no point during the cruise did anyone on board randomly test people, the majority of which were coughing, sneezing and exhibiting upper respiratory symptoms. They gave us little box test kits to monitor the situation by ourselves. Yes, they made sure we inserted our hands in the sanitizer as we went in for meals. Big deal! There were only about 60 passengers on the trip. After my 13 day forced quarantine by the Austrian government in Vienna, I complained to customer service and I got nothing but excuses and blame for everyone, but no responsibility taken by Uniworld. If this is the way you treat your best customers, then it seems that the new youth in management policies are discounting the value of a more solicitous and traditional kind of customer service. Uniworld is now, no better than any of the other riverboat cruise companies. Sail at your own risk, do not expect them to hold any responsibility after they have your money and you disembark from the ship. Beware.

Standard Stateroom

Too small for two people.

16 Helpful Votes
next review

Find a River Princess Cruise from $2,219

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.