• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Sirena Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Worst cruise ever would rate negative if I could

Review for Sirena to the Baltic Sea
Ethel T
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin:

I cannot reiterate how bad this cruise was. There was no communication between crew members and guests. Sat on a tour bus for 30 minutes, at no point was it communicated that we were missing 2 passengers. Rushed through breakfast to get to lounge for out tour. Once again, no statement that everything was running 30-40 minutes late. Told to bring passports to shore, completely false. Could not communicate to Terraces staff. Ask for 1 piece of toast you got 2. Same thing with eggs, told those come in 2. Talk about food waste. That happened over and over and actually got worse as the cruise went on. The cruise director Dottie-DOES NOT LIKE TO BE CHALLENGED OR QUESTIONED on her daily trivia, in fact gets downright rude and snippy. My father came down with COVID on the ship. He got it on board. At no time did anyone watch to see if you sanitized your hands. It was repeatedly told to him "He was the only 1 on the ship". Bold face lie. The doctor not just raised his voice but yelled at my father he was the only 1 with covid in the hallway of the ship. Where everyone could hear. Found out that my entire family would have to disembark in Liverpool because Ireland would not let us in:" Contacted the concierge Julio who promised to arrange transportation to London for the 4 of us and book our hotel as well. Never did he call and say he was still working on it. It took repeated calls for us to find out anything. I finally went to speak with him and he "was still working on it" as I watched 2 other Covid couples leave the ship. Oh, but he is only one. Finally got escorted off ship only to meet up with 2 different couples that also were covid +, So that puts us up to 5 covid + passengers. NO TRANSPORTATION HAD BEEN ARRANGED. Finally, the port of call in Liverpool forced the ship to arrange our transportation. They basically kicked us off the ship and hoped we would silently disappear. Our cab ride cost 444 British pounds. After my fathers $800 prescription for antiviral drugs that he should never have taken because of side effects with his medications. Get to our hotel finally and oh yes Julio had never made the reservation. We have cruised with Oceania many times, but this was the worst. Never got coffee refilled. The servers ignored people. Big events like Oceania club, comedy night and Captains cocktail put 1 bartender and 3 servers to deliver cocktails. No one could order from the bar. It showed how understaffed they were. It was a common discussion at dinners, teatime, games etc. how "bad "this cruise was. One alcohol server repeatedly brought the wrong drinks to us and other guests after repeating the order back to us. People paid money for tours with drivers with no idea where they were going. Arriving 40 minutes late because tour guide was confused, so tour was shortened and not worth the price they had placed upon it. We went on a walking tour with pub visit. Might want to mention that the guests' foot the bill. This felt like it was a training cruise. Yet, people received awards for being with Oceania for 10+ years. The only decent staff on this ship were the head chef and the housekeeping staff. In all my years of cruising you always bond with that 1 staff person. Not on this cruise they were a very cold staff. Oceania should fire the rest of them. Will NEVER go on Sirena again and seriously questioning whether we will ever use Oceania again.

clean but tiny, bathroom smaller than tiny and shower tinier yet. Question how some people were able to bathe. Feel like eveything was smaller so they could cram more cabins in.

9 Helpful Votes