• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Feb 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

As an amateur astronomer seeing the Aurora has always been on my bucket list. I had been on a Viking Ocean cruise before and had a great trip to Australia and New Zealand. So when I found out about this ocean cruise with Viking called “In Search of the Northern Lights “ I jumped at the chance. My husband and I and another couple went together. We used Viking Air for the flights. We started with the 3 day pre-cruise extension in Bergen. Every part of the trip was well managed by Viking. Transition from the airport to the extension hotel, from the hotel to the ship and then from the ship to the return trip airport were handled by Viking with no problems. On board our DV stateroom was perfect, and we used the balcony frequently not only to sightsee during the day but for watching and photographing Aurora at night. The excursions were great including a trip to Mt. Paeskatun near Alta to see and photograph the lights. The lectures on board from the astronomer, the photographer and the historian were fantastic. Outstanding service from the entire Viking staff, wonderful food and beautiful ship made the whole trip wonderful. I highly recommend this trip, and any Viking cruise.

Deluxe Veranda Stateroom