• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

TheCruisingBrewers
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2010
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

I saw a nifty review set up like this and thought I would try it here for my blog and also for my review on Cruise Critic. I loved her format so here is mine for the Island Princess.

Overall: Our trip aboard the Island Princess and our self planned pre cruise tour was everything we ever dreamed it would be. Princess exceeded all of our expectations, in food, service and shipboard amenities. This was our second cruise without our children, the first being just a 2 day travel agent escape on a new ship and Pete and I had a fabulous time. There were a few things I would do differently, a few mistakes along the way, but all in all we had an amazing trip. I have never seen Pete smile so much, we relaxed and regrouped from our stressful jobs, treasured these experiences we were sharing with just each other and made some nice friends along the way.

I spent a significant amount of time planning and researching this trip on Cruise Critic and across the web and thoroughly loved the experience, though I would have preferred to have more time to do it. I booked this trip on Apr 5 and left for Alaska on May 21. I will say, however it is possible to plan a last minute vacation fairly easily thanks to places like Cruise Critic!

Mini-Suite with Balcony