• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

S.S. Bon Voyage Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Fantastic trip through wine country!

Review for S.S. Bon Voyage to France
MapleMama
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Window
Bike tour of Libourne - leaving port/dock

We wanted a special trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. My husband and I both love wine so decided upon the Brilliant Bordeaux cruise with Uniworld. This was our first river cruise and we did a lot of research before deciding on a cruise line. Ultimately we decided on Uniworld for two reasons 1) they had good reviews for dietary restrictions as I need to eat gluten free and 2) they were described as luxurious, and we wanted to treat ourselves for our anniversary. Although our trip was delayed 2 years due to Covid, it was well worth the wait. We are experienced cruises - traveling on almost every major cruise line out there, and we have never been spoiled as we were on the SS Bon Voyage. The staff were outstanding, someone was always asking if we needed anything. Sabrina the cruise manager was outstanding. I don’t think she ever sat down! She truly went above and beyond and made the trip so memorable. Our waiter Patryk was also exceptional, remembering our preferences and assisting me so much with my gluten free requirements. The servers in the lounge and sun deck also went above and beyond daily. The staff made this cruise so special.

The food was exceptional- regional specialties from Bordeaux along with local wines (thanks to a great sommelier).

We liked the excursions- some were better than others. Our favourite was Saint Emilion, and the bike tour in Libourne. The art/wine tour in Blaye was really memorable, and my husband really enjoyed the Remy Martin tour.

Deluxe Stateroom with Window

We decided to go with a deluxe cabin instead of a balcony because we knew we would be spending so much time touring that we wouldn’t be in the cabin much. We were very happy with that decision- window was still very large and we didn’t miss the balcony.

Room small, but extremely well laid out. Lots of storage. Our hotel room in Paris was same size and there was no place to put anything- this cabin had lots of drawers and storage. Didn’t feel like we were cramped.

1 Helpful Vote