• Newsletter

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:
White Pass Summit Train Ride
Having a sip of the Mendenhall glacier stream

Initially we had planned to cruise the Baltic Sea from Bergen to Copenhagen(?). But due to unfortunate events in that area of the world we cancelled and decided on the Alaska cruise. Throughout the cruise we were constantly reminded of the foggy rainy weather that is the norm while we experienced glorious sunny days. Be mindful of this because otherwise with foggy rainy weather I'm not sure I see much point in the cruise to be honest. The scenery we experienced was quite exceptional never mind the sea life sights. The train ride in Skagway was awesome, splurge for the Luxury Rail Car on the White Pass Summit train ride, it's worth it. Flightseeing and Mendenhall Glacier by Foot was spectacular. And take a sip of the glacier stream water, don't be shy. You might also like the free facial with the finest of glacier till.

Where our weather was just so phenomenal, with clear skies pretty much throughout, we were disappointed that not more effort was afforded to northern light watching. Take names, room #s, of those interested and call their rooms if lights are observed, calls at 2:00am +/- no problem. The telescope should've been out on deck more at night. But that being said if one were to mention these concerns to the cruise director or General Manager it would happen, make no mistake.

The attention to customer satisfaction is beyond normal. But after all we are dealing with a Norwegian mindset, the experts in customer satisfaction. This was my second Viking cruise and I hope it won't be my last, truly a magnificent experience, I felt like I was the owner of the ship the way I was treated, everywhere on board. You can't decide between the oyster Rockefeller or cocktail shrimp, get both, ha. You'd prefer wine in room bar to other spirits no problem, wine it is.

We upgraded our room from what we had on our first cruise, very nice upgrade indeed, exceptional. The room is tended to twice each day, in the morning and in the evening. Exceptional service, beyond, can't say enough. Very much enjoyed, now and then, a quiet drink in the room, with the events for the next day being played on the TV as we enjoy the passing snow covered mountains.

previous reviewnext review