• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

cruisegirlkat
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

I went on a Viking Rhine River cruise in 2018 and wanted to try a Viking Ocean cruise. I've been on 45+ cruises over the years and I really enjoyed cruising on the Viking Orion. I especially love that many items are included, such as 1 tour in each port and sodas at lunch and dinner. I don't enjoy the taste of alcohol so I don't want to pay for something I won't use. I'm used to more room in a cabin as we usually do mini suites, but as long as there is a chair and I don't have to sit on the bed to watch TV or anything else I can live with it. The staff were amazing, kind and attentive. We especially enjoyed our cruise director and assistant cruise director. They seemed to really enjoy their jobs and they put on great performances in the show room. The only really negative was the pre-embarkation. Our documents gave us a totally wrong address in San Pedro, I had to call Viking to find out why the ship wasn't in the location they gave us. The person I spoke with at Viking had the same address as we had. Luckily I have cruised out of San Pedro in the past so we turned around and headed back to the cruise center. He stayed on the phone with me until I could confirm that the Viking Orion was in the cruise center. We had to ask a porter as the signage on the ship wasn't big enough to see when you are driving a car. That situation was very confusing and frustrating. Once we got inside the terminal everything went smoothly. I definitely see myself doing more Viking cruises in the future even with that little hiccup.

Smallish but workable, loved the bathroom. Also, we had a fantastic room stewardess. She really took care of us.

Port Reviews

Astoria, Oregon

We paid for this one as the free ones were filled up. It was fun but a lot of walking

San Diego

We only live 2 hours away, so we've been here many times. But we still enjoyed the ride.

San Francisco

It was fun and we enjoyed having someone else drive us around. I wish the stops could have been a little longer.

Victoria

We enjoyed the tour around town and the shuttle bus so we could go back into the little town. Again, we've been here many times so just took it easy.

previous reviewnext review