• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Rolf Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Great staff, crew and cruisers make for a wonderful holiday

Review for Viking Rolf to Europe River
enatlast
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom
Our guide, Ad, at the Kinderdijk Windmills
A view of the Cologne Cathedral as we sail away in the evening.
A street musician on Castle Hill, the Buda side of Budapest.
The two of us on our e-bike adventure.

My partner had never been on any kind of cruise before so I chose this Viking cruise because I knew we would have a delightful experience. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. The places we visited were interesting and we always had great guides for our shore excursions. We made friends with several other couples on-board and we are still in touch with a few of them.

This cruise had something for everyone. We took one of the e-bike excursions and we loved it. I was surprised at how easy and natural the controls were. We had a really fun winery tour with a terrific host who had us all in stitches. Our guide for the windmill tour was actually wearing wooden shoes and claimed that they were quite comfortable. The music, history and art that we saw up close was all fascinating.

After just a couple of days we were greeted by name by members of the staff. They also remembered my wine preferences. These people are warm and welcoming at every turn.

Veranda Stateroom

The cabin was small, as we expected on a river ship. But it was beautifully outfitted and organized so that once we unpacked and moved in there was a place for everything and still room for us to relax together. Our little balcony was particularly charming. It was so pleasant to sip a glass of wine while the world passed by.

1 Helpful Vote