• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Ullur Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Viking goes above & beyond even if it is driving me up river to board in the dark of the night.

Review for Viking Ullur to Europe River
kfreckles
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

My Aunt Verlene and cousin Jodi have been on numerous cruises with you and highly recommended them to me in the past few years. So, when I finally had an opportunity to join them and 2 other first cousins for a girls' trip, I jumped at the opportunity. It surpassed my expectations! The only negative was since they were still testing for Covid every day and 1 of our party tested positive, she and her roommate were made to disembark about halfway thru the trip. They only tested the one time instead of doing another test on ship to verify accuracy. If they had of done so with them and other people I later found out had also tested positive and then negative once they were taken off, we would of not lost our sailing buddies. To say it put a damper on our girls trip we had anticipated so long since the numerous cancellations cause of Covid is an understatement. I just think they need to tweak the testing protocol so it is more accurate and doesn't impact people negatively when they have spent time and money to make these trips. If they would of been tested twice.....it might of not happened. Other than that it was fabulous and I highly recommend traveling with Viking on any of their trips. Viking did get me on board the vessel after we had missed it in Basel due to delays at the London airport in an extremely timely fashion. I couldn't brag enough how they took care of me and another couple to get us to our vessel so we could make the trip.

previous reviewnext review