• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Skirnir Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

What a fantastic experience!

Review for Viking Skirnir to Europe River
Birney
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom
This was one of the dinners in the restaurant.
My new friend, Jane and I in Kinderdijk.
My husband and I at Marksberg Castle.
In the garden of the Prince Bishop’s Palace with friends, Susan and Jeff.
My mom and her boyfriend in Vienna.

My husband and I had never been on a cruise before, but going on a river cruise down the Danube and Rhine has always been a dream of mine. We took the 14 night Grand European Tour and it was an exceptional experience, the Viking Staff were so personable and friendly, attentive and helpful, most of them knew us by name. The ships are beautiful and modern, the food is out of this world and the service was unbelievably fantastic, from the front desk, to the stewards and the food servers. The sights were stunningly beautiful and the activities were very well organized by Lubo.

My mom’s boyfriend tripped and fell in Vienna and the tour guide stayed with us and asked if we needed to get an ambulance, Joe said that he could walk back to the bus. The tour guide must have notified the ship that Joe fell. When we got back Markus, the hotel manager was waiting and he looked at Joe’s arm and asked us if we’d like him to be seen by a doctor. We said, “Yes” and Jorgen and Vinnie at the front desk called a taxi for us to go to a hospital to have ex-rays done. Everyone from the ship’s staff was so helpful and they were constantly checking on Joe to see if he needed anything. We highly recommend Viking and would take another trip in a heartbeat. What an amazing experience, except for Joe getting hurt of course.

Deluxe Stateroom

The cabins are small and modern, but very streamlined and well thought out to give you maximum storage. You’re at the bottom of the boat, with a very small window that is just above the water level. There are only steps to get to this level, which was difficult because I have bad knees. I would probably stay upstairs next trip for this reason. They do have elevators between the first and second floors.

1 Helpful Vote