• Newsletter

Viking Lofn Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating
1 Award

I’m now officially spoiled!

Review for Viking Lofn to Europe River
Ella tahoe
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:
Early morning on the river

This was the first sailing after lockdown. I have always wanted to try river cruising since I first retired 10 years ago.

Now there is no going back!. I am an experienced traveller and have taken many group tours. This was wonderful from beginning to end. You are picked up at the airport and taken to the ship. I had a French balcony room. It was beautiful, unfortunately my roommate would not allow me to open the window…. Long story! The staff was somewhat new but you would never know it, they were attentive and friendly without being intrusive. And the food! Wow. Fresh. Beautifully cooked and presented and sooo delicious! The dining is is a treat, upscale yet relaxed and inviting; a great chance to make new friends. The tour director was so dedicated to making sure everyone was looked after and made accommodations if people had specific needs such as a leisurely walking group for the included tours if you needed it.

The desk, housekeeping and all staff work so hard and are so nice. I was up early one morning 5:30 am and a staff member went down to the kitchen and brought me a muffin to go with my coffee before the baked goods were available at the coffee bar. The excursions are well organized and so interesting, the headsets make it so easy to hear everything going on while you lag behind snapping photos. Having your own room as a home base as you explore Europe is amazing! No more early morning bags packed and out in the hotel hallway and long bus rides! River cruising is so relaxing, smaller boats, do as much or as little as you want. I used to think the price was high but after you see how much they put into making your vacation a success you know it is absolutely value for money. I’m am going on the 15 day grand European next. I am going single this time, so I will try the standard stateroom. I know if it’s Viking it will be terrific!

Well appointed. Clean, luxurious, nice toiletries. Comfy bed.

previous reviewnext review