• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

twointimeofwar
6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

This is my first time on any line that wasn't one of the "big 3" and I will never go back! From the no-children, no-pressure, no-casino on-board experience, to the included tours, to the airport and hotel transfers, to the food, to the staff, to the verandas, to the scenery absolutely every detail was spectacular. The spa was an excellent amenity and is included for all (massages were reasonably priced, but I didn't try any other treatments). Both specialty restaurants were great and reservations were easy. We stayed in a penthouse junior suite on Deck 7 and it was excellent. We booked another cruise in a deluxe veranda on the same Deck and other than the size of the room, I do not think we will miss anything. We did use the included laundry service in the Jr. Suite, but there are free washer/dryers available for all other rooms, so that's what we will do next time. The itinerary was great. The fjords were a bucket list item and I am so glad we got to see them. The sailing in/out of Flam was some of the best of the cruise and it's not even "scheduled" - it's just part of getting from point A to point B. The stop in Kristiansand was probably my least favorite, but even then we were able to see a cute town and learn some history. I wish we had more time in Oslo, so I will hopefully go back. Absolutely everything was fantastic and we are headed out on the Viking Sky in December. If you can afford Viking - or you can save for the splurge - I highly recommend it!

Huge room! The early booking of spa treatments and restaurants was nice, but I think we would have been able to book without being as early as we were. The location on Deck 7 was so convenient. For our next trip, we are doing a Deluxe Veranda in the same area. Considering the price difference, I do not think we will miss the differences between the Jr. Suite and the DV. Either way, this was the best cruise cabin I have ever had. The size, the amenities, the decor, etc. were great. But, the excellent cabins are a small part of the overall incredible Viking experience.

Port Reviews

Flam

Absolutely gorgeous! Make sure you are near windows or on your veranda for sailing in/out - the views are gorgeous and the process takes a few hours. We did a RIB boat tour and it was great. Even though cold, they provided all the protective gear needed. Probably my favorite port on this itinerary.

Oslo

The included tour through the statue park was great! I wish we had more time to explore Oslo, so we hope to come back.

Probably my least favorite on this itinerary. It's a cute town but there was not much here I was interested in seeing or doing.

Skagen

Such a cute town and it was nice just to walk around. The trip to Voergard castle was nice and had interesting art. It's about a 45 minute bus ride, but our guide made it interesting.

Stavanger

Great port for seeing the fjords. The sight-seeing boat past pulpit rock was great! Plenty to see and a nice stop at a cafe for waffles and coffee on the way back.

2 Helpful Votes